There are times when clients would send over an articulate file for me to edit and publish. However, in some instances, the articulate quizmaker files won’t open and the course won’t publish at all (it’ll start to publish and just crash).
Recently, I did a factory reboot on one of my computers. I then installed an older version of Studio 13 (it just happened to be in my hard drive). At the office, I had the most recent version. I transferred the files from the office computer to my home computer and that same error occurred where I couldn’t open the quizmaker file. The error message said I might have worked on it from an older version. After I updated Studio on my home computer, it worked fine. This could be the culprit. Files might not open when running different update versions for studio 13.
This week I’ve been working on various topics for a refresher course. The client wanted animated text/images so After Effects were used for these.
It’s been a while since I lasted wrote something. These days I’ve been busy building a module for a large tech company. They wanted a refresher module that is highly engaging. With that, I decided to incorporate animations using After Effects. The deadline is going to be somewhat tight due to the request of wanting more video animations for many of the topics. I also switched over to Storyline 2 since they wanted all contractors to switch as well.
I noticed my first bug with SL2 when I inserted FLV videos with transparency. It turns out SL2 does not support FLVs with alpha. I had to insert it in SL1 and import the slide ins SL2. Hopefully there aren’t more bug with this software. I personally think SL1 has a easier to user UI than the flat look that Storyline uses to make it look like a Microsoft product. SL2 is becoming more and more sophisticated in its features, which is good.
In late November, I will be starting a different project with a different company in Irvine. Looking forward to this new project.