According to Articulate, the latest update for Presenter 13 was supposed to have resolved these random gradient backgrounds that appear on several slides during publish. I mistakenly thought that the problem was solved and didn’t bother to check this. Thankfully, republishing the project did the trick. However, going forward, I will need to QA to ensure this doesn’t happen.
The tricky part about Articulate is that once a project has been re-published, it needs to be re-QA’d entirely to make sure nothing funny has happened during publishing process.
Another Articulate error that was found was that some text would overlap during publish (like below). The forums in Articulate mention that the PPT file could be corrupt. However, it is safer to turn this object into an image and re-publish.
I wrapped up the second section of the Fiserv training manual by conducting a follow-up interview and getting the missing info. I have one more follow-up call to do and it should be ready for final QA by the SMEs. Reaching some of the SMEs is sometimes difficult because they won’t respond to your email. Rarely do they respond after the initial request. It usually takes multiple emails before they reply back, even when upper management is cc’d on the email.
Another project I am working on today is creating a slideshow to be inserted in Storyline. The client that I’ve worked for had a short storyboard and wanted me to create a slideshow with a quick turnaround. They wanted it done by Monday. However, I have not received the VO files (it’s Sunday today) yet so it might be COB Monday if I get the files in time. All the assets and title animations have been done so far.
I had multiple companies call me today related to a project that they have for instructional design work. Due to confidentiality, I will not be disclosing any information except for the fact that one is in higher education. I believe the role is similar the one I’ve done for another online university where I build out course descriptions, outlines, and compiling raw content to be eLearning ready during launch. We’ll see how this one goes.
Another vendor that I’ve worked for was asking for a last minute project to be done. Very interesting how the projects (and potential projects) come in waves. I’m used to it.
I received a small project for a client who wanted an eLearning module to be converted to a DVD. This is a simple project. The process is to use a recording software (I’m using Camtasia) to record all the topics. Then, I will remove the borders/player through cropping and then I will remove the silences in between the slides since I need to manually click next. This is my second time recording because the first time I recorded I used the headphones so I don’t hear the VO, but the audio quality was pretty low.
There are fade transitions on each slide. I ideally the transitions should be removed. However, that will require edits for each slide. This will be time consuming. I don’t think the client wants to spend that much on this small project due to his budget.
I should’ve known this, not sure why I didn’t catch this. When you see a slide where the letters are just square lines, this means that you need to install the client’s font. I will be noting things down for greater retention.