Another random bug in articulate presenter 13. A text edit was made to a slide. When I went yo publish, the changes weren’t there. This happened several times. When I closed Powerpoint and restarted, it worked. My experience is that the more I publish, the more chances of bugs appearing. I write this so I remember to double check for such errors when I publish.
A client wanted the navigation to to be set where the user goes to a retry slide (hidden) if the user fails a quiz. However, sometimes the the user would not be taken back to the retry slide. Instead, it would restart the quiz. I know this is a bug because it only happens randomly for the same published file.
• Works with Curriculum Manager to coordinate vision and best practices for repurposing of existing content and new content development.
• Works with subject matter experts to design and review new coursework.
• Develops and/or reviews all course content to ensure that educational requirements are met.
• Works to document best pedagogical practices for course use in classroom environments and online forums.
• Acts as lead content editor for discipline specific projects.
• Reviews and prepares storyboards, content writing, and assessment.
• Confers with authors and editors regarding background information, objectives, audience level and style.
• Establishes and maintains an appropriate instructional tone in all course materials.
• Applies instructional design methodology.
• Recruits and trains subject matter experts, authors and editors to incorporate their expertise into course development.
• Delivers and evaluates writer training and makes necessary adjustments to meet the training delivery needs.
• Designs and develops performance measures to determine the success of writer training.
• Serves as an escalation path and point of contact for content writer issue management, and creates positive outcomes from content writing and course design challenges.
• Manages against multiple competing priorities and deadlines ensuring all targets are met.
• Anticipates and responds appropriately to risks and changes in project scope.
• Proactively informs internal project teams of project and milestone status for content writing.
• Manages multimedia content, taking responsibility for evaluating, editing and assuring the quality of materials.
• Works with content and media creators to ensure that material and delivery incorporates multiple learning styles and is appropriate to the target audience.
• Advises on future projects, including design strategies and use of technology/interactive media.
• Utilizes content development tools as well as support software to develop instructional content.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four year college or university in Science required, advanced degree strongly preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years teaching and curriculum design experience required.
• Experience with digital curriculum highly preferred.
• Ability to learn new processes quickly.
• Nimbleness in adjusting to changing demands.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Excellent writing and editing skills are a necessity.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment background check.
• Ability to pass a Social Security Administration E-Verify check for U.S. work authorization.
Today is Friday. I’ve been spending much of this week editing a few projects in Articulate and Captivate. I also spent some time interviewing for a potential project that didn’t work out (at the last minute, they wanted me to travel out of state).
I have also spent quite some time building templates for Idlayouts.com. I’m in the process of finding affiliate for those who want to assist with the template building.
UPDATE: This contract is a no-go. At the last minute they mentioned that I needed to fly out of state occasional meetings. Had I known that before, it would’ve save much time for all parties.
After having conversations with several directors and even the associate dean (at different times), I finally will start a project with a very reputable university in Los Angeles. This schools will be launching a business related eLearning program. My role will vary depending on what gaps need to be filled in helping them achieve this goal. At this time, they are partnering up with a large distance education company who will provide majority of the support for logistics, paperwork, compliance, marketing, and even development. Since I do not know how much development experience this partnering company has, it is difficult to tell what aspect of instructional design I will be helping out with.